Saturday, December 15, 2012

God has a plan.

"Weeping is not the same thing as crying; It takes your whole body to weep and, when it is over, you feel like you don't have any bones left to hold you up." Sarah Ockler, Twenty Boy Summer 

 Death happens every day. It is a part of life; It will happen to everyone. It is a natural and necessary part of our existance. However, it is unnatural and extremely unnecessary in some cases. The death of children is one of those instances. The tragedy that took place in Connecticut yesterday morning makes me sick to think about. I cannot even grasp the amount of evil and sickness involved in such an act. Murder is terrible and evil no matter what. But taking innocent children's lives definitely hits a different part of my heart. The fear those precious babies, both the one's that made it and the one's that did not, had to go through kills me. However, those children are now safe and happy and carefree. My heart literally aches for the parents that lost their babies yesterday. I am not a mother and do not know the full extent of love a parent has for her children. I do, however, know the amount of love I have for my two precious nieces and my nephew. So, as I said, my heart goes out to the families that lost one of the most precious gifts on Earth. I will continue to pray for those families and ask God to send them comfort and peace. 

Terrible things will happen, yes; it is inevitable. But God is with us and has a plan for all of us. He has not left us or forgotten us. He has a plan. 

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment