Monday, December 19, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

There is something about sitting behind this desk (at the lovely car dealership i spent my senior year of high school working at) that makes me want to blog. Probably because all of last year, I would come to work, finish my responsibilities, and then update my blog, stopping every few minutes to answer the phone. So as I sit here now, I can't help but think back on the year...And I am happy. I am blessed. Because thinking back to this time last year, I was in a fog. I was stressed to the max, which was doing crazy things to my body and draining me. I was in a funk and didn't want to do anything except sleep. I don't remember putting up the tree last year or anything around Christmas really. I remember saying several times to my parents, "I can't wait to be past this. I can't wait to say 'wow. That was terrible and I'm glad it is over'". Well, I'm there. That was not a fun time, and I never want to feel like that again but, right now, I don't. I am happy and blessed. I have my first semester of college behind me, and I am ready to tackle another one in January. I have wonderful parents whom make virtually everything I do possible. I have a wonderful sister and brother in law whom have given me a little girl whom has captured my heart. I have great friends and I have an awesome boyfriend whom treats me right and loves me (and I love him back). I love this time of the year for many reasons 1. Food. Need I say more? Fudge, cookies, peanut brittle, cheese ball, sparkling grape juice, sausage balls, pigs in a blanket, etc. 2. Christmas Parties. Why? See "Food". 3. Presents. I'm not afraid to admit it. 4. Christmas Bonus at Work. 5. All kidding aside, I really love this time of year because of the time I get to relax, do nothing, and be around the people I love. I love buying my loved ones gifts and wrapping them to the Michael Buble' Christmas CD. I love bringing boyfriend to family things. I love watching Prisser girl open presents at her Christmasy birthday party and seeing her genuine joy...and I love to eat my parents' delicious food.
Merry Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment